Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My poetic life

I find it fascinating how sometimes things just fall into place. I hate to admit it, but my mother is right - about pretty much everything. :) She really is a brilliant woman. I struggled a lot growing up (and as an adult) and while I didn't always want to listen to what she had to say and the advice she offered, my mother was usually right. What was this brilliant wisdom, you ask? "If it's meant to be, it will be." Seems so simple, doesn't it? Well, eventually it is.

Over the past couple of years the good things in life have fallen into place. I graduated from university and found a job that I love. I work with the most incredible people a person could imagine.

I met the man of my dreams. Actually, we had known each other for about a year, but we started dating in January. He really is everything I could want in a partner and more. I'm a very lucky woman. It's interesting how it just ... happened. One day we would be high-fiving and making friendly conversation at the gym. The next, we're in love. Now, we're living together and planning our future. Life really can be poetic, can't it?

I'm not much of a poetry person. When we were required to study it in school I found it frustrating because, for the most part, I didn't understand it. But every once in a while something will really resonates with me. A couple of days ago, I was watching a show and they referred to this poem by William Wordsworth. It made me think of dad. I thought of the people I've lost. I'm sharing it with you here.

Splendour in the Grass

What though the radiance
which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass,
of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

- William Wordsworth

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be ending of mine day, except before finish I am reading this great post to increase my know-how.

    my webpage; natural colo cleanse

    ReplyDelete